Botox® Cosmetic injections are a popular aesthetic skin treatment that can help reduce the appearance of wrinkles. Botox Cosmetic is made from botulinum toxin, which is a type of protein that temporarily relaxes muscles. When injected into the skin of the face, it smoothes out wrinkles caused by muscle contractions. Dr. Stanley Skopit of Dania Dermatology in Dania, FL, is a skilled and experienced dermatologist who may recommend BOTOX Cosmetic to patients because of the many benefits it provides. This includes:
- Versatility. BOTOX Cosmetic is ideal for treating wrinkles and folds on the face. Meanwhile, therapeutic BOTOX® injections can treat other conditions, such as migraines, excessive sweating, and muscle spasms. The injected toxin blocks nerve signals that tell your muscles to contract. This can help relieve symptoms of these conditions.
- Safety. BOTOX Cosmetic injections are typically very safe and have few side effects. However, as with any medical procedures and treatments, there are some risks involved. Some risks may include bruising, swelling, and infection at the injection site.
- Effectiveness. Many of our patients love the ability to soften fine lines and wrinkles on the face that are caused by muscle tension. The results often remain for several months before patients will need reinjections of BOTOX Cosmetic.
- Nonsurgical. Many patients incorrectly believe that the only way to effectively fight the signs of aging on the face is with plastic surgeries. However, this is not the case! Today, dermatologists and plastic surgeons have a variety of solutions that can provide results with needles instead of incisions. BOTOX Cosmetic is nonsurgical and minimally invasive for patients in the community.
- Affordable. BOTOX Cosmetic is not an expensive treatment, especially when compared to surgical treatments. The amount of BOTOX Cosmetic needed will determine the cost, though most patients will find it to be an attainable solution for aging skin.
Are you thinking about getting BOTOX Cosmetic injections?
If you are considering getting BOTOX Cosmetic injections, be sure to consult with an experienced dermatologist such as Dr. Stanley Skopit of Dania Dermatology. He can assist you to determine if this treatment is right for you and discuss the risks and benefits. Call 954-807-9433 to request a visit at his practice to discuss this and other cosmetic injectables available for anti-aging benefits.