If you are dealing with dry, itchy skin during the summer months, you are not alone. Dania, FL area men and women who are looking for ways to keep the skin healthy and moisturized are encouraged to work with a local dermatologist such as Dr. Stanley Skopit to discuss their options. If you are seeking ways to combat dry skin during the summer months, read on to find out more!
What are ten ways to prevent dry skin during the summer months?
- Stay hydrated by drinking plenty of water each day. If your urine is yellow in color, you may not be hydrated enough
- Apply moisturizer daily, even if your skin doesn’t appear dry
- Wear sunscreen when outdoors to protect the skin from sun damage that can be drying
- Avoid the sun in peak hours of 11am-5pm to not only protect from sunburns but to reduce your risk of developing skin cancer with time
- Wear loose cotton clothes that allow your skin to breathe
- Keep your house cool at night and during the day, monitoring humidity levels to ensure they are high enough to avoid drying out the skin
- Reduce indoor heat sources, and turn off or ventilate anything that emits heat
- Drink an 8oz glass of cold water before bed to help retain moisture overnight
- Watch what you drink. Avoid coffee, alcohol, soda, citrus fruit juices and sodas that can make dehydration worse! They can also cause too much acid which will damage your skin even more quickly
- Using a humidifier in your main living spaces to improve moisture levels in the air
How do I learn more about caring for my skin?
At Dania Dermatology of Dania, FL, Dr. Stanley Skopit and his dermatological team of professionals can educate you on how to care for your skin each and every day to protect its beauty and health. If you are ready to speak to a professional about creating a customized skincare plan that’s right for you, call 954-807-9433 to schedule an appointment with our team. We are here to help new and returning patients with their medical and general dermatology needs in our state-of-the-art dermatological practice.